Donate for SOFA Project
Please check our Area Roster to see when we are collecting in your area.
Donations we will collect
- White Goods in working order < 10 years old. £30 charge for refrigeration collection
- Gas appliances -£20 collection charge. Item must be disconnected by customer prior to collection otherwise we regret this will not be able to be collected.
- Sofas with fire labels and in good condition.
- Tables & Chairs
- Standard 2 door wardrobes under 6ft
- Chests of drawers
- Bed bases, wooden or divan in good condition – no mattresses. If wooden bed bases these need to be dismantled prior to collection
- Bedside tables
- Book cases
- Retro/Vintage furniture (photos are appreciated but not required)
- Display and storage cabinets
- Chaise Longue
- Bedroom furniture including children’s
- Office furniture
- Clothes, shoes, accessories (if small amounts please drop items in to our shop)
Donations we will accept if brought to SOFA Project’s shop
- Clothes, shoes, accessories
- Any household and office furniture are considered including single armchairs
- Separate benches or chairs for dining tables (unless part of table & chair set in which case we will collect) and garden benches
- Non-Standard size beds (Childs’, not bunk beds)
- Garden tools
- Records, CDs & DVDs
- Good Quality Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
If you want to check anything, please ring this number: 0117 954 7800
Many thanks, the team at SOFA Project 🙂
Further donation information:
Sofas, sofa beds, futons or any chairs with padding need to be in a good clean condition without any rips, stains or any structural damage. The fire safety label must have the wording ‘Carelessness causes fire’.
With beds the fire label is different – it is a small blue label with a match or flame symbol.
Due to restricted space on our vans we are not able to take items that are over 6’ high and 4’ wide. But do not despair you can bring your item HERE.
With any refrigeration we do charge to take these items because they are classed as hazardous waste by EU laws. This charge helps towards the cost of safety checks we have to carry out and for potential disposal.
We are unable to offer a collection for mattresses.
With each booking we always say that the driver has the final say on all items being offered as they get to see the overall condition on the day of collection. We do not guarantee to take all items that are being offered.