Job Title: Retail Assistant
Location: Any SOFA retail premises
Reports to: Finance & Support Manager and Retail Manager
Supporting the Retail Manager/staff to provide a service to customers, helping to ensure that the shop operates as safely, effectively and efficiently as possible and that high standards of customer service are achieved and maintained.
1. To provide an excellent service to our customers, assisting where possible in the selection of items suitable to their needs.
2. To ensure that sales transactions are handled effectively and accurately
3. To process the customer orders, ensuring that a delivery date is agreed, and scheduled on the database.
4. To ensure that the shop floor is organised so that customers and staff can move freely and safely in all areas, maintaining a clean attractive and safe display.
5. To enter transaction data accurately on the company database
6. To ensure client confidentiality is maintained at all times.
7. To accept training in Manual Handling, and to sign to acknowledge receipt of such training.
8. To participate in risk assessments and to report any observed hazards and risks, and to comply with RIDDOR requirements when applicable.
9. To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required, including steel capped boots or shoes, to avoid injury to feet and toes.
10. To carry out other duties and attend meetings and training as required commensurate with the post and capability of the job holder.
11. To adhere to all policies, rules and core principles of the SOFA Project.
Essential Knowledge, skills and experience
Of Health and safety procedures, especially relating to manual handling.
Of quality service to the customer.
Of admin procedures.
Of working under pressure in a busy environment.
Literacy and numeracy skills.
Good computer skills
Good communication skills.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Ability to deal with a range of people and situations with tact and diplomacy.
Desirable knowledge, skills experience and values
Of working with the public.
One year’s experience in a retail environment.
Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
An interest in reuse and recycling.
If you are interested in volunteering, and are able to commit to at least 1 day per week, Please contact Nicci Peck on 0117 954 7808 or email@example.com for an informal chat to discuss available volunteering opportunities. Current opportunities will vary due to availability.