Role Title: Driver’s Mate
Supervised by: Transport Supervisor and Operations Manager
Supporting our drivers to provide a collection and delivery service to SOFA Project’s donors and customers. Helping to ensure that the collection and delivery processes operate as effectively and efficiently as possible providing an excellent customer experience at all times.
Being fully trained in manual handling;
Assisting in loading vans with items to be delivered;
Assisting in carrying out deliveries and with making collections;
Reading road maps and assisting the driver with navigation;
Assisting with unloading of collected items, either into our warehouse or directly into our shop.
Principal Duties of the Role
1. To sign as necessary to acknowledge receipt of manual handling instruction;
2. To provide an excellent service to SOFA Project’s donors, collecting items of furniture and domestic appliances without causing damage to the item or to the donor’s home;
3. To load and secure collected items in SOFA Project’s vehicles;
4. To provide an excellent service to SOFA Project’s customers, delivering items of furniture and domestic appliances without causing damage to the item or to the customer’s home;
5. To unload and safely place collected items in our warehouse or shop;
6. To follow the driver’s instructions at all times;
7. To use any prior skills obtained to assist the remainder of the transport and retail teams to carry out their duties.
8. To accept training in Manual Handling, and to sign to acknowledge receipt of such training.
9. To participate in risk assessments and to report any observed hazards and risks, and to comply with RIDDOR requirements when applicable.
10. To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required, including steel capped boots or shoes, to avoid injury to feet and toes.
11. To carry out other duties and attend meetings and training as required commensurate with the post and capability of the job holder.
12. To adhere to all policies, rules and core principles of the SOFA Project.
IDEAL PROFILE FOR CANDIDATES FOR THIS ROLE:
Of Health and Safety procedures especially relating to manual handling;
Of providing excellent customer service;
Of the local geography of Bristol and surrounding areas.
Literacy and numeracy skills;
Ability to read an A to Z street map;
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
Ability to deal with a range of people and situations with tact and diplomacy;
Good communication skills.
Of working with the public;
Of working under pressure in a busy environment.
Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities;
An interest in reuse, recycling and rehabilitation.
If you are interested in volunteering, and are able to commit to at least 1 day per week, please contact our CEO Nicci Peck on 0117 954 7808 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat to discuss our current volunteering opportunities. Opportunities will vary due to availability.